Computer equipment financing by means of a lease can address your computer equipment needs today without tying-up cash for tomorrow. With purchasing, a larger up-front payment is required as opposed to leasing where typically only the first months rent is required up front. Leasing has other benefits over purchasing.
The benefits of leasing computer equipment include:
- 100% Tax deductability – Lease payments are usually a pre-tax operating expense
- 100% financing – A large down payment is rarely required for an equipment lease. Additionally, software, delivery, installation, freight, and sales tax can usually be included
- Preservation of working capital and credit lines – Lease payments are typically much lower than loan payments, and the equipment itself is the only collateral
- Minimized obsolescence – Since you will have flexibility to upgrade or add-on at anytime to your lease, you will never own old equipment again
- Financing Flexibility – Typically, you may lease multiple pieces of equipment on one lease and equipment may be of different types from different vendors
- Custom-fit Financing Programs – There are a variety of lease programs, such as deferred payments, skip-payments, or even step-payment programs
With many types of equipment, especially computers, the changing technology can make equipment obsolete literally months after you buy it. Leasing computer equipment allows you to keep up with the latest technology since you just trade in your old computers for newer ones when your lease is up. This way you are no longer stuck with computer equipment you purchased years ago that is now completely outdated.