Import financing providing capital to exporters
The SBA supports export financing to small businesses when financing is not otherwise available on reasonable terms. The program encourages lenders to
offer export working capital loans by guaranteeing repayment of up to $1 million
or 90 percent of a loan amount, whichever is less.
The loans have:
- Guarantees of up to $1.1 million or
- Guarantees up to $1.25 million if it’s combined with an international
- A reasonable turnaround. The SBA can usually turnaround this type
of loan within 10 days or less
An applicant must be in business for a full year at the time of application.
The SBA may waive this if the applicant has export trade experience.
Applicant businesses must:
- Operate for profit
- Be engaged in business in the United States
- Have reasonable owner equity to invest and
- Use alternative financial resources first, including personal assets
Let us help you get the funding that your business needs. Search our directory to find funding sources that match up with the capital needs of your business.