LBO (Leveraged buyout) financing is available for:
- Management buyouts
Financing can be provided for the strategic purchase of other product lines, divisions, or companies.
In considering an LBO, you should be prepared to:
- Raise and negotiate terms of senior, subordinated, and equity financing
- Find strategic and financial partners for these transactions
- Organize business plans
- Hire needed management personnel, where applicable
- Structure new employee benefit plans
- Communicate effectively with employees
- Negotiate long-term supply and use agreements
What to expect:
Equity-based methods of financing are outweighing debt-based. With equity financing, a company gives up part of an ownership stake and some amount of representation on the board of directors to the equity providers. On the other hand, equity does not entitle equity providers to any claim to a company’s assets or require a company to make scheduled payments.